Ralph Gilmore, NASM Certified Nutrition Coach | NYC
"He that takes medicine and neglects diet, wastes the skills of the physician." — Chinese Proverb
The Chinese quote above extends from thousands of years ago, in which the belief was that there is medicinal value in food and is consider an integral component for longevity. Modern-day science also argue that food is medicine, and not just fuel for the body; however, diet alone cannot and should not replace medicine in all circumstances. Scientific evidence proves that what you choose to eat has profound effects on your overall heath, in which certain foods can trigger chronic health conditions, while others offer potent medicinal and protective qualities; however, a nutrient-dense diet of whole foods should primarily be viewed as a prevention for chronic disease and decreased risk of future illnesses.
With so much conflicting information floating around the internet, social media and mainstream news, it's easy to become misled about healthy eating and incorporating proper nutrition into your lifestyle. As a NYC based, NASM Certified Nutrition Coach offering personalized, in-person or online nutrition coaching services, I will not only help you establish healthy habits so that they become consistent throughout your lifetime, but I will also aim to be a resourceful guide to helping you reach an ideal weight, while implementing strategies to modify your diet to include more variety and nutrient-dense foods. You'll also feel more confident in your food choices.
My primary goal is mentoring you to feel your best by coaching you on anti-inflammatory foods, maintaining energy balance, achieving a healthy weight, building strength and shifting you to healthier eating patterns. My one-on-one health and nutrition coaching is geared towards empowering you to optimize your health, while helping you develop a better understanding of what you are putting in your body, educate you about food labels, grocery shopping, portion sizes and more. Initial accountability is a crucial part of solidifying behavioral health and dietary choices for long-term results that you will be able to maintain on your own.
Even though I offer my in-person health and weight-loss counseling predominately in New York City, because of the convenience of virtual technology and cloud-based video conferencing platforms such as the Zoom app, I'm easily accessible from any place in the world. That's one less hurdle from changing old health habits to new, healthier ones.
I'm looking forward to working with you!
I believe that positive lifestyle changes occurs with a dependable source of information, practicality and authenticity. Through my coaching programs, I guide and empower you to navigate the contradictory world of nutrition and health advice together to explore what truly leads to healthy, sustainable habits to live a life of wellness.
Let's connect to see if we are compatible. Developing a great rapport is key to your coaching success. Schedule a free 15-minute assessment call to go over your nutrition history and determine what is truly preventing you from incorporating healthy nutrition into your lifestyle!
This is the first step in your journey towards better health!
Price: $250 *one time payment / via Zoom
Your Initial Coaching Session includes:
• An in-depth 60-minutes health history assessment to uncover your concerns and areas of imbalance.
• Identifying your goals and what has an adverse effect on you from reaching them and how to move forward.
• All the tools that is necessary to support your specific goals:
learning how to build a healthy meal whether at home or at the restaurant, healthy snack ideas, easy delicious recipes, healthy cooking skills for life, how to read nutrition labels, writing a grocery list and being aware of the latest products’ recommendations.
• Email and text support in-between booked sessions.
* A minimum of 6 Follow-Ups are needed after the Initial Coaching Session for accountability and support in adopting new habits and reaching your goals once and for all. Follow-ups can be cancelled at any time.
(MINIMUM 6 SESSIONS RECOMMENDED)
Price: $100 per session / via Zoom
Your Weekly Follow-Up Session includes:
• A 30-minute follow-up to check on the progress you have made and support you in overcoming any setbacks or hindrances. Life can be unpredictable.
• Accountability: the game changer in maximizing your wellness potential.
• Giving you on-going tools and mindset support for you to adopt new healthy habits and the proper diet modifications for your unique body.
• Reliable and credible resources to help you keep your goals on track no matter what life throws at you (vacation, holidays, restaurant outings, event gatherings, busy schedule, travel, hormonal or anxiety driven stress etc.).
• Answers to all of your questions so that you break free of diet culture and making more informed decisions on healthy eating for life.
• Email and text support in-between booked sessions.
Price: $175 for one hour / via email and phone
Your Travel Coaching Session includes:
• Personalized Travel Healthy Guide to plan a work and/or leisure trip.
• Top recommendations for the latest (and greatest) places to eat, drink, shop and stay; plus coaching tips to help you enjoy your trip without getting sidetracked from all of your healthy efforts.
• Turn around time is 72 hours.
• Available via email. Phone and text support as needed.
Get the scoop on all things Perennial Boxing + Fitness!